Brand: Cooking Tagines
- Lead Free X-large 13.3 Inches in diameter 100% Handmade Imported from Morocco
- ready to be used for your cooking in the oven or on top of your electric or glass stove in a low heat
- This is an authentic, handcrafted Moroccan cooking tagine
- Traps condensation to keep food moist and infused easy to clean
- If you have a gas stove, make sure you use a diffuser or a simmer to protect your Tagine from cracking
Details: This is a 100% LEAD FREE Cooking Tagine, it is handmade and handcrafted , simple and functional. "A tajine (tah-zheen) is a North African dish (Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia) as well as a special pot for preparing this dish. The traditional tajine pot is formed entirely of a heavy clay which is sometimes painted or glazed. It consists of two parts; a bottom which is flat and circular with low sides, and a large cone or dome shaped cover that rests inside of the bottom during cooking. The cover is so designed to promote the return of all condensate to the bottom. With the cover removed, the bottom is open and shallow for easy serving at the table." "Tajines dishes are slow cooked at low temperatures, resulting in tender, falling-off-the-bone meat with aromatic vegetables and sauce. The cover has a knob-like formation at its top to facilitate removing it. While simmering, the cover can be lifted off without the aid of a mitten, enabling the cook to inspect the main ingredients, add vegetables, move things around, or add additional braising liquid, if needed." Please note that as our items are handcrafted and handmade, each is unique and may slightly differ. This type of Tagines is made in a traditional oven and as such has areas without glaze. It also will have a few other minor "imperfections". This is normal and an expected part of Tagines made in the traditional way.
Package Dimensions: 16.0 x 16.0 x 16.0 inches