- 6-1/2-inch Usuba vegetable knife--used in Japan to finely peel vegetable skin into thin sheets for sashimi garnishes
- Made in Japan to time-honored standards and exacting detail
- Blade constructed of Japanese 420 series stainless steel for excellent resistance to rust and corrosion; double-ground edge retains its sharpness
- Traditional rounded, blonde wood handle
- Hand wash only; sharpen with whetstone
Details: Made in Japan to time-honored standards and exacting detail, this traditionally designed 6-1/2-inch Usuba knife is recognizable by its square blade it is for peeling, slicing, and dicing vegetables. The thin double-edged blade allows for straighter slices and helps to keep vegetables from breaking during food preparation and garnishing. Even hard vegetables like Japanese Daikon radishes can be easily cut into thin sheets. It's not suitable for chopping bones. The blade is machine stamped from professional quality Japanese 420 series stainless steel, a cutlery grade metal that's hygienic and offers excellent resistance to rust, stain, and corrosion. It's complemented by a traditionally designed blonde wood handle. Hand wash with a mild detergent and wipe dry. Sharpen with a whetstone.
Package Dimensions: 14.3 x 2.8 x 1.0 inches